Boo Doo Bee Doo Santa Baby, Forgot to Mention One Little Thing; A Christmas Meme!

Manda and Heather tagged me in a Christmas Meme. It’s officially December, so how could I resist?

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Of course, all online baby!

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. If you read this post, or this one, then you know how much NYC and Christmas mean to me. Every year, I try to go to the city to see the REAL tree with my man!

J2

3. When do you put up your Tree? The day after Thanksgiving.

4. Are you a Black Friday shopper? Limited parking, long lines, crazy crowds, no thanks.

5. Do you travel at Christmas or stay home? No travelling here. We’re always in NJ.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? As a child, I always left cookies and a shot for Santa. Now, I love watching my son do the same. It’s both funny and so cute.

7. What is your favorite Christmas movie of all time? It’s a Wonderful Life

8. Do you do your own Christmas baking, what’s your favorite treat? If it’s a good cut and dump, I’m baking it. But my mom makes the best snowballs, and those are my favorite.

9. Fake or Real Tree? Well, here’s the deal. My hubs and I were so excited to get a REAL tree for our first Christmas as a married couple. We were living in our cute condo and we were SO excited…until we realized the ridiculous mess our first real tree left for us. This cleanup did us in. Our first real tree quickly became our last. Since then, we’ve been fakin’ it all the way!

Tree

10. What day (as a mom) does the actual panic set in to get it all done? I don’t think I ever feel “totally” done until Christmas morning!

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve? Usually not, unless it’s a last minute gift.

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? Just spending some QT together!

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best? Making photo ornaments of the kids.

14. Christmas music? (Yes or No) If yes, what is your favorite song? Yes! My favorites are Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley and Santa Baby by Madonna.

15. When do you plan to finish all of your shopping? This week…I am almost done! ;)

Now, I’m supposed to tag 5 bloggers, but I thought it would be more fun to let anyone who wants to play along to grab this meme! Just simply copy and paste the questions into your blog, and then answer them. So go spread some Christmas cheer!

As a side note, I am excited to begin Time Out for Theta Mom Thursday again. So, in the midst of shopping, baking, working, blogging and being a mom, give yourself a timeout! Post about it on your blog this Thursday, link up here and meet some new bloggy friends! Can’t wait to see what you’ve all been up to! If you’re not familiar with Theta Mom Thursday, read this post to get acquainted and I hope you join us!

Comments

1. says

Haha, what a mess! And that is the reason we do not have a real one either!! It was fun when I was younger to hike into the NY mountains for a tree but yea that is when I was not responsible for cleaning up the mess!!

I <3 NYC too! And it is a must during the holiday season!!

2. says

I’ll jump on this band wagon! I love a good meme. :)

And silly woman! How could I ever leave you? Keep it on the down low (don’t want people to get jealous, you know!) but one of my most favourite blogs is yours :)
    .-= Eve´s last blog ..Self portrait =-.

3. says

Ok, I’m back!! I’m going to do this meme maybe the end of this week! My M-I-L is in NYC this week to see the lighting of the Rockefellar tree. I’m slightly jealous!
    .-= Tara´s last blog ..I Wanted to Cry =-.

4. says

I’m with you on the fake tree. We always forget how messy they are. So, about every five years we get a real one. And then we say, “What were we thinking?” when we see the mess again!

5. says

How fun! I am so jealous that you get to see the real tree with your man ever year. I’m also glad that Theta Mom Thursday will be back. I’m planning on linking up. See you soon.

6. says

Hey Heather! You didn’t lose me, I’m one of your first followers! The last time I commented was right after you switched to wordpress, blog looks great!

I love the idea of leaving a shot for Santa with the cookies, I may have to borrow that idea!
    .-= Molly´s last blog ..This will keep the Vampires Away =-.

7. says

Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! Yes, I miss ya too! :)

I will definitely be joining in Theta Mom Thursday this week for sure! and going to do this Christmas meme this afternoon while the kiddos are napping (well, thats the plan anyway!)

Have an awesome day:)

Shirley
    .-= Shirley Rempel´s last blog ..Winners!!! =-.

8. says

Love this meme. I did one similar already – I agree with Tree AFTER Thanksgiving and no black Friday shopping.

Oh and online, yes please. I love getting cash back at Mr. Rebates!

9. Pres. Kathy says

I can’t believe that mess from the tree. I showed my husband that and I convinced him not to buy a real tree because we have a little one running around.

10. says

Awesome meme! And I’m still planning on doing the one you tagged me in a while ago… I have not forgotten! :) I love Christmas… and never travel at Christmas, either, I love celebrating at home with the family… and as for real trees, they can look great, they smell awesome, but the clean-up… it is horrible! Ever since we became parents, we use a fake tree!

11. says

My Christmas shopping is almost done too! I am a total “buy local” kinda gal. No internet shopping unless absolultely necessary. I like to keep my dollars in my community. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I too am out of the loop. too much to do and not time to do it!
    p.s How do you like WP? I am curious.
    .-= franticmommy´s last blog ..Dear Mommy and Daddy =-.