Debby from JUST BREATHE tagged me and I thought it would be fun to play along. I’m changing the rules a little bit, though. Here’s what I came up with…
I am going to share five experiences that have helped to shape me into a Theta Mom (The True, Authentic Mom).
1. Our son was a sick baby. For over a year and a half we didn’t know what was wrong with him and every specialist that we saw didn’t know either. It was such a frustrating and difficult time in our lives, especially being first-time parents. After routine visits for blood work, an extensive year and a half work up and a final trip to CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia), our son is now a healthy and thriving four year old boy. We truly are blessed. That experience doesn’t get more authentic than that.
2. It took me over a year to find the right pre-school for my son. I did my homework, researched endlessly and talked to many parents, neighbors, and of course other Theta Moms. The pre-school he used to attend was a very caring and nurturing environment. However, my son needed to be doing more than free play and coloring. He needed a structured program, implementing more of a solid and sound curriculum. After many visits to various centers and lots of discussion, I have found the perfect fit. He is happy and so is this Theta Mom!
3. My daughter screams bloody murder when she is hungry. We’re talking able-to-hear-her-outside-even-with-the-windows-shut scream. It is torturous. My son never had a piercing scream like this. It’s not a cry, it’s a SCREAM and it drives me crazy! At these times, I wish she were already a toddler able to tell me what she wants. It’s so annoying and SO frustrating. Admitting that this motherhood gig is not always enjoyable is a total Theta Mom characteristic.
4. I never realized how F-U-N it is to take my children out, especially while traveling. I literally need an extra suitcase for all of the crap I need to entertain them. Who knew it would be such a task? Between the DVD player, cheese goldfish, a million other snacks and sippy cups, toys, coloring books, etc…what about me? Do I get a second to breathe and perhaps look through a magazine in the car or on the plane? Um, no. As a Theta Mom, not a chance.
5. Motherhood has surprised me in so many ways. I never thought it would be this rewarding and at the same time so challenging. I don’t have this thing all figured out. In fact, I am far from that and I am the first to admit it. I am still learning as I go along and love the fact that I am able to share my experiences through this platform with you.
So, I am challenging the following bloggers as well as any fabulous reader of my blog to grab this tag and post some experiences that have helped to shape YOU as a Theta Mom! I would love for you to play along, so go grab the tag and let’s get this party started! Don’t forget to tag other Theta Mom bloggers and challenge them as well. I can’t wait to read what you come up with!
The Working Mama
Leigh vs. Laundry
My Messy Paradise
Sanity Sold Separately
Menopausal New Mom
Laugh Until You Cry
The Daily Dribbles
Apple Juice and Milk
Headaches, Hormones and Hot Flashes
Running Away I’ll Help You Pack
Two Peas in a Pie
Family of Shorts
Mama 4 Real
Tater Tot Mom